Dickinson, ND (February 22nd, 2021): The Dickinson Police Department continues the investigation into several high-incident calls over the weekend which included a stabbing and an assault with a handgun.

On Saturday evening, officers responded to a 911 call in the 1000 block of Meadows Drive for a report of a stabbing victim. Upon arrival, officers located the 43-year-old victim suffering from a stab wound to the neck. He was transported to Dickinson’s St. Alexius Hospital and later airlifted to a Fargo hospital for further care. The subsequent investigation led officers to the residence of 28-year-old Tevin Lashawn Watkins, who was ultimately arrested on suspicion of Aggravated Assault and Reckless Endangerment.

No word on the condition of the victim as of this press release. Watkins remains in the custody of the Southwest Multi-County Correctional Center awaiting a bond hearing, and the investigation remains ongoing.

On Sunday afternoon, officers were dispatched to a residence in the 900 blk of Custer Street for an open 911 line with an active assault occurring. Upon arrival, two Hispanic males fled from the residence. One male dropped a handgun in the process and fled in a dark-colored Jeep SUV with fictitious North Dakota license plates 773BVX. The other male continued to flee on foot.

Upon speaking with the victims, officers learned that the two males entered the house and inquired about a trailer. An argument ensued, and one of the males proceeded to assault the victim by means of a handgun. The handgun was not discharged, and the victim suffered a minor injury to his head.

Both suspects remain at large. It is believed that the victims and suspects knew each other, and the public is not believed to be in danger.

Also on Sunday afternoon, police were called to the 500 blk of Sims Street for a report of a male assaulting a female. Upon arrival, witnesses directed an officer to the male, identified as 32-year-old Kelly James Mann. Mann began to flee the scene on foot. The officer attempted to detain Mann in an adjacent alleyway, but he began to resist arrest. A TASER was then deployed, and Mann was taken into custody without further incident. He was transported to the Southwest Multi-County Correctional Center and charged with alleged Resisting an Officer and Carrying a Concealed Weapon. Investigation into the assault remains ongoing.